I love fall. And here in Texas, I'm calling October through December "fall." I love the changing temperatures... finally the sweltering Texas heat is starting to subside. I love the clothes, sweaters and jeans. I love the colors, orange and red and brown and especially orange. I love the endless parade of holidays from Halloween to Christmas. I also love that by October, the school year has settled down and I can finally enjoy my own children again after almost a month of near neglect. (I think that's why I leave September out of the "fall" months -- September exists outside of seasons and really is nothing but the start of school to me.)
Last fall, we went to Sweet Berry Farms for the first time and thought it was such a nice experience that we went back again this year. I bribed Sydney with an undisclosed "prize" for being cooperative during picture taking and net result was a lot of great pictures and a new Littlest Pet Shop animal for Syd.
We all did the corn maze this year and the kids loved it! There was a lot of argument about who got to pick the path we would take, and Sydney had to learn to wait for us, but we all had a great time.
There are just so many good picture opportunities around the farm. I love that they do that, knowing how many people are coming for their fall pictures.
The first section of the farm, on the east side of the road, has the kid's maze, the pumpkins and face painting. To get to the west side of the farm with the hay ride and the flower picking, you have to go through this tunnel under the main road. Coming out of it was a little like Oz to me.
The hay ride takes you to Scarecrow Island. Don't worry -- it's not as bad as it sounds... it's really more of a peninsula. :)The idea of Scarecrow Island is that they have all of these scarecrows in different scenes and the hayride takes you through it all. My favorite was the Crow Trapper. Notice the bait.
Our last activity was picking wildflowers. Sydney and I really got into it and brought home two cups of marigolds.
I love the fall traditions we have around here and am so excited that the season is just getting started.
I love that first picture.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am really proud of it because it's edited from two pictures -- I had one with Sydney smiling and Jack's eyes closed and one with Sydney looking away, but Jack's eyes open. So I melded the two.
ReplyDeleteVery impressive. Well done.
ReplyDelete