Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Annual Gingerbread House Build

We went to St. John's annual Gingerbread house making this Wednesday.

As usual, Jeremy was in charge of construction.

Sydney and I were in charge of decoration and detail and Jack was in charge of showing enough self-restraint to leave some candy for us to use in the process.

By the end of the evening, we were sick on candy, covered in a sugary mess, exhausted and ready for bed and loving every minute of it.

It may not be Noah's Ark or a castle with turrets (both of which we did see at the event), but it was a nice collaborative effort and one of my favorite traditions.

2 comments:

  1. I love the animal cracker animals in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I like the tiled roof. The roof always seems like the most difficult part to me.

    ReplyDelete