Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Christmas Stroll

On Saturday, we went to the Georgetown Christmas Stroll. We were on our way in as the Hazens were on their way out, so we met up with the express purpose of getting this picture.

After finding the Hazens, we went back through the Bethlehem Village to get better pictures. It was neat to see it again and some of the pictures did turn out better, but I still thought going at night gave it a more realistic feel.

After Bethlehem, we went by the Blue Santa drop-off. I thought Sydney was old enough to start participating in the giving part of Christmas and we talked a lot about kids whose parents couldn't get them Christmas presents and then went shopping at Target to buy some presents for those kids.

After dropping off presents, we went around to the various vendors and tried on some hats, which we wound up purchasing, as well as some jewelry...

... which we also wound up getting.

We then came to WhooVille, at the edge of the square,

And much to our delight, it was snowing 'round there.

Snowing in Whooville? Wow, what a treat!

There was even some snow in the middle of the street.



No more rhyming, I swear.

I thought we were done after Whooville, but it turns out that the Home Depot had a huge kids' area with all sorts of projects to work on. Sydney made a birdhouse.

Jeremy said over and over again as we were wandering around, "I wonder if the kids will appreciate growing up in a town like this."

At the end, we decided they probably wouldn't, just because it will be so much a part of the fabric of their childhoods that they won't notice it. But we hope that growing up doing all of these things makes them want to parent in the same sort of town and that will be good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I believe they will appreciate it when they are in college or at work and start talking to friends about 'when I was a kid'. Then they will be surprised, and understand what a wonderful childhood their parents gave them.

    ReplyDelete