Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas at the Zoo

I love our tradition of going to the zoo for Christmas. I don't know why it makes me so very happy, but it does. It made me even happier this year to have Gram joining us. Over a year after that knee surgery, I told Jeremy, Gram "is back!"

Sydney enjoyed two of the exhibits in particular this visit.

Her number one favorite, I think was the unicorn.

Okay, this is really "Uni Pink," Sydney's new pet unicorn that we brought with us, but she sure did enjoy putting Uni in various spots that made it look like she was in the zoo. I may have helped, come to think of it. I love Uni because she was a gift from Crossing Guard John and I love that my daughter, by saying hello every morning, made enough of an impact on a random crossing guard, that he gave her a Christmas present (a present which I suspect was raided from his wife's old beanie baby collection).


Other than the unicorn exhibits, Sydney's favorite was the new African Forest exhibit.

There was a lot of cool tone-setting extras in the exhibit that made it more interactive than most. I think that's why I liked it so much.

Sydney liked the things she could touch and play with, like the masks, and the huts,

and the drums. We did also see animals while we were there, but the giraffes and the rhinos we had seen before and the chimps, who are actually new, were such an attraction that we couldn't get close enough to see them without making our way through a crowd, so we gave them a pass this time.

After all, we'll be back next Christmas, if not long before.

No comments:

Post a Comment