Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow in Texas?

Since our friends on the east coast are being pounded by snowstorms, we broke out the insta-snow today.

Sydney had a lot of fun playing with her new animals in the snow, once her brother lost interest in throwing snow at her and on the ground.

Back inside, we warmed up with some books. Sydney got a TAG reader from her grandma for Christmas and now that I finally got it all set up, not only does she love it, but Jack loves having her "read" to him, too. What a great shared experience!

7 comments:

  1. What is insta-snow?
    They look really great "reading" together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Is your snow very very related to mashed potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check it out:
    http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/instant-snow

    It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not cold, but it does pack and feels like I *think* real snow feels -- it's been almost a year since the last time I held a handful of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Steve Spangler is an Elementary science guru. You'll be checking out his site when you start home-schooling in earnest in a few years.

    ReplyDelete