Friday, December 17, 2010

Polar Express and Hostage Situations

We had Andrew and his family over for a double feature movie night. The kids "watched" Polar Express in the playroom while the adults were in the living room watching The Ref, a comedy about a man who takes a dysfunctional family hostage on Christmas Eve.

The adults enjoyed their movie just fine, but the kids found more exciting things to fill their time. At one point Sydney came into the living room and "Mom! Come look at the train table!" Since this was the fifteenth interruption of the evening, I said, "Sydney just go play with Andrew."

I heard her go back into the playroom and announce to Andrew, "My parents don't care."

It seemed like a sad statement until I realized later that by "don't care" she didn't mean "have no interest" but rather "have given permission."

Permission for what?

For this.
Where's Sydney?

Where's Andrew?

Those wacky kids.

1 comment: