Jeremy was all too excited, though, to show off his Shun knife, which Nathan needed to know: was it a kitchen knife or was it for self-defense? The answer: kitchen.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Christmas with Nana and Gram
After driving through El Campo, we arrived in Houston to Nana's house where Nana and Gram were waiting for us.
I realized after we got home that the only person who didn't get picture with Christmas presents was Sydney. My defense is that she was entirely too busy playing with the four or five squinkies (little plastic toys that live in a gumball-type machine) that I let her open while we were at Nana's house for pictures.
Jeremy was all too excited, though, to show off his Shun knife, which Nathan needed to know: was it a kitchen knife or was it for self-defense? The answer: kitchen.
And I was thrilled with my new quilt from Nana (along with the basket of notions, fabric, needles and things from Nana and Gram). Nana even showed me a few basics of crocheting.
We all had a great time playing at Nana's house. So much fun, in fact, when we got home and I started opening all of the rest of the squinkies that Sydney had gotten that she hadn't been allowed to open at Nana's, she was excited all over again, "I get to have them ALL?" I don't know what she was thinking before, but when she realized she would be allowed the abundance of them ALL, she was excited all over again.
Jeremy was all too excited, though, to show off his Shun knife, which Nathan needed to know: was it a kitchen knife or was it for self-defense? The answer: kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful quilt! I like that she included so many patterns, so you can follow one or more of them if you want to copy it later. Crochet is fun. I need to get with an expert to remember what the heck I'm doing, though. I can still make things even with my wonky ways, which shows how versatile of an art it is.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Sydney got to open all of her Squinkies. Very cool. Her Christmas outfit looks very cute. (And I like that she has more than one Christmas outfit, too.)