Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas in El Campo

Ah, the week leading up to Christmas is here.... The week in which we travel all over trying to see all of the people we love while leaving time to enjoy the season here at home as well.

Our first stop this year was El Campo to see Grandma and Grandpa Nolen.

Grandma has a Christmas village that Sydney thought was really neat.

Sydney also found the tree steps that Uncle David made for Will.

But her very favorite part of being at Grandma and Grandpa Nolen's was the hammock. She remembered it from the last time we were there, which I think was in the fall. Naturally, Grandma and Grandpa don't keep a hammock out in the winter, but Sydney asked for it. Jeremy told Grandma not to bother, that Sydney would probably only lay on it for thirty seconds or so. Grandma said that if she enjoyed it for that long it would be worth it, so Grandpa was sent to get the hammock.

Sydney loved it! She had Jeremy swing her on it and she pretended it was a magic carpet. She even started a song that goes "I love the genie's flying carpet. It's really fun. And it's not real. Just pretend."

I guess Grandma was right. It was worth it.



I know the hour or so we went out of our way to Houston to go see them was more than worth it.

2 comments: