Friday, July 1, 2011

Fun Friday: Water Day

Now that it's July, we have settled into a summer routine. I have to admit that I liked using May and June to travel (and be traveled to) and July to play.

For our first Fun Friday, we had six kids, ranging from 18 months to five years old. Kara brought her two, I had my two, Ava came to play while her mom did cooking camp for the older kids at church and I convinced Andrew's mom to bring him to me instead of daycare.

We started with the requisite group picture.

Then the kids were off and running. I had set up two kiddie pools, three water tables a play sink and a sprinkler. We tried the sprinkler in the yard at first, but all it did was make mud, so we moved it to the porch and found that it fit nicely around the pool we had there.

I had it in my mind that we would play outside for about two and half to three hours. Kara commented halfway through that she could tell I was a Kindergarten teacher because I kept shifting the activities every 20 minutes or so. She was right. I basically thought of everything the kids like to do outside that was too messy to do normally and we did it all... in carefully timed snippets.

We had popsicles.

We played with water balloons and water guns.

We ate watermelon.

We blew bubbles.

And then, just because we could, we watched Finding Nemo outside, sitting in the pool under the shade, drinking pink lemonade.

Ahhhhhhh.

I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment