Before class, we spent three minutes, five repetitions learning Jeremy's cell phone number (since he actually keeps his phone on him). When she was called up to say her phone number, she froze up and was sent back to me to relearn it. I gave her another three minutes, five repetitions.
Then I heard other parents saying things like, "I know, we spent three hours trying to learn all of that this afternoon," and I realized we would just have to learn it this week.
Surprise, surprise, though, Sydney's awesome memory kicked in and she pulled it off.
To celebrate, I let her call her dad from the driveway. Then she called him again from her room. And again from her brother's room. And then again from the kitchen.
Right now, Jeremy is with the kids at the grocery store. I have his phone and he has mine and I am just waiting for a call. I'm sure he'll need help remembering that five item grocery list....
No comments:
Post a Comment