Thursday, July 21, 2011

Museum Thursday: The Palm House Museum

With Sea World just a day behind us and the official Last Day of Summer tomorrow, I decided to cancel our planned trip to the Bob Bullock and look for something much, much, much more low key and relaxed. The Palm House Museum in Round Rock was perfect.

It's a nice little white house on Main Street in Round Rock and it also serves as the Chamber of Commerce. Mostly, the "museum" was two rooms and a hallway in the oldest part of the house.

The rooms were set up like the original Palm House around the turn of the century... the kitchen and a bedroom, with lots of interesting antiques in both.

Sydney's most interesting find, though, was this crazy contraption on the wall. I'm still not sure she believed me when I told her it was a phone.

Was it the most excited museum we visited this summer? Not by a long shot. Was it close and easy and quick and free? Oh, yes!

Which let us be home in time for naps, resting up for the grand adventure tomorrow: The Last Day of Summer.

1 comment: