This is the kids' last week of summer. Next week, I have an all-week training and then it's August and while I have those first two weeks "off," I generally use them to ready my room and do other back-to-school sorts of things. So while we will have more flexibility at the start of August than during the school year, the kids will probably go to day care most of those first two weeks and so our days of endless summer fun are drawing to a close.
Today we had planned on going to Kiddie Acres, but it turns out that they are closed on Mondays. I think I knew that... at some point.
Without a specific grand plan, I decided to just enjoy the Splash Pool. The rest of our week is very busy and exciting and it felt good to ease into the fun with an easy, local activity.
Sydney is really taking to swimming and spent the hour at the pool actually swimming around the water, not wading through it.

There is an island in the middle with a fountain and that's the spot that Sydney and Jack kept swimming back and forth from.

She still has to stand (or otherwise use her arms and legs) to lift herself up for a breath, but other than that small detail, she really is swimming quite well.

With our swim lessons the last three weeks, we have spent a lot of time at the pool, but hadn't really made it out to the Splash Pool. I'm glad we went today because while I'm sure we'll make it out again before it closes at the end of August, I just never know how the time will slip away once the school year approaches, so it was nice to have this time, just in case.

No comments:
Post a Comment