Friday, July 1, 2011

More Than Meets the Eye

One of the things that is special to me about Sydney's buddy Andrew is the way the two of them play together. There is no line of "he's a boy" or "she's a girl." They just play.

But they do play in very different ways and they have very different toys.

Today, while Andrew was over, he found the only two Transformer toys we own. One of them was inside and the other outside, buried in sand, rescued, washed and carefully dried on a shirt.

Once the two were reunited, Andrew and Sydney were happily playing Transformers... in a way that I imagine Andrew's parents had never seen before.

After, there is no dollhouse in Andrew's room.

Bumblebee fits nicely inside the shower, but Optimus does not.

I also imagine that most children playing with Optimus Prime do not have him being driven about in a My Little Pony Carriage.

It was really funny to hear their conversations from the playroom.

"Bumblebee, get in the shower."

"Optimus, you need a shower, too."

"I don't fit in the shower. I have to just be dirty."

"It's time for bed, Bumblebee."

"I'm cold. I need covers, Optimus."

Silly, silly children!

3 comments: