Monday, July 25, 2011

The Last Day of Summer... told mostly in pictures

The Last Day of Summer was last Friday. Today is Monday. It has taken me that long... all weekend and a day relaxing at a workshop... to recover from The Last Day.

I love, love, love how many of my friends joined us for this day. It was the Best Last Day of Summer, yet, in large part because of the presence of so many people we love so much. I even had Helen and Kelly stay and do the whole day with me because, as they put it, I had thrown out the challenge that no one had ever done the whole day with us before. They felt that they had to show me. They did. I love them both for it.

Kara, Elissa, and Carol also came for parts of the day. Jeremy even took off work for the day once he heard about all of the fun we would be having.

The day took us from the Austin Science and Nature Center to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden, then to the Children's Museum and Kiddie Acres. We finished up at Kara's neighborhood pool and those of us who either don't have kids at home, or had very indulgent husbands ready to put exhausted children to bed, even went out for a celebratory happy hour at the end of the day.

It was an amazing day. I am so glad that we have this tradition and I am even more thrilled that our friends are buying into it with us.

So, The Last Day of Summer... told mostly in pictures, because all of the adults worked really hard to get all of these pictures; they really do convey the essence of the day; and after the fun I had that day, I'm still a little too tired for much more narrative!


1 comment: