Monday, July 11, 2011
Peter's Pool
Monday, we went to the pool with Kara and Kelly and their kids. We met up at Kara's neighborhood pool since Kara is watching a little boy this summer and therefore has three kids to keep track of.
Kara and Kelly and I used to teach Kindergarten together, once upon a time, at Union Hill. It feels funny to remember back to the days before any of us had kids. Sydney is the oldest of the kids now and Kelly's daughter, who stayed home with her daddy today is the youngest.
While we were at the pool, we got to try out some floats my mother had bought for the kids. Instead of a traditional donut shape, these were star shaped and the places on the star in between each point made the float much easier for Jack and Sydney to stay in. They would hook their elbows around a point on the star and then just kick off. Kara and Kelly agreed that they were a great find.
I also enjoyed seeing Danielle in Sydney's last year swim suit. Last time we were at the pool, Jack was wearing Peter's. I know that selling clothes can make some money, but I really have decided I like seeing my kid's old clothes on their friends better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like hand me downs better, too. I always try to pass along to a friend before I give away remaining clothes stashes. I prefer to give rather than sell, but you get my point. It's fun to see the clothes reanimated on the persons of happy friends.
ReplyDelete