The moment that taught me that Sydney could spent the night with Andrew, though, came the other day. Sydney was playing that her doll was her baby and she called the baby "Sydney Robinson." I was a little surprised to hear the use of a different last name at the age of four and wondered if she was pretending to have married Andrew. So I asked, very open-endly, "Why is your baby's name Sydney Robinson?"
She looked a little sheep-ish, hesitant to explain herself in a way that she only does if she is a little embarrassed of the answer, or worried I will disapprove.
So I know that when she was spending the night with Andrew, she was not only happy to play with her friend, but that she was imagining herself as his sister, being a part of his family.
She came home the next day, happy and exhausted, glad to be home, and talking about her next visit at Andrew's house.
A perfect sleepover.
That is so sweet. I'm glad that Sydney has a good friend already.
ReplyDelete