Now that I know the kids do okay in the car, I have several little day trips planned for the summer. Today was our first one and we went to the San Antonio Zoo.
When I explained that we were going to the zoo in San Antonio, I got two very different responses. Jack yelled, "Yay!" and Sydney said, "Aw. I wanted to go to the zoo with the waterfall." By which she means the Waco Zoo. So we were on a quest in San Antonio to find a waterfall. Any waterfall.
There. Mission accomplished.
Our favorite exhibit this visit was the elephant. We happened to get there right as the zoo keepers were putting out the elephant's food and water and letting it out for the afternoon.
After seeing the real elephant, we went to the elephant Mold-o-Rama.
Last time we came to the zoo, I left profoundly sad that I had not insisted on doing the Mold O Ramas. So this time, I came prepared with $6 in ones and quarters and a mission to get a giraffe for myself and then whatever the kids wanted, which turned out to be an elephant.
I even let Sydney play with my giraffe... for a little while.
After the zoo, we went back to Joseph's Storehouse where, with two tired and hot children and a tired and hot mama, we managed to make a huge mess of the table and spill water all over a counter with pamphets and handouts about stuff. The owner was as nice as he was last time and shooed me away from the messes, took care of them himself and commented about how much energy little ones have and how adorable mine were. What a nice guy.
In the end, I call the day a rousing success as the two things I had set out to San Antonio to acquire were obtained: carrot cake and a molded plastic giraffe.
I'm not quite sure what it says about me that this is happiness right here.
I think it says that you can appreciate the simple things in life.
ReplyDelete