Thursday, June 23, 2011

Museum Thursday: Williamson Museum

I almost didn't leave the house today. After five days on the road, it felt nice to have a lazy morning and then the lazy morning turned into almost Jack's nap time and then Sydney and I were on a house cleaning spree and I thought, "We don't have to go anywhere."

But I didn't make it. It's Thursday and Thursday is Museum Day. So we got in the car and drove to the far off and exotic Williamson Museum. (Okay, it's on the square and it's quaint and simple and lovely but not so much exotic.)

I wanted the requisite opening shot, but Sydney insisted that this picture was of "the babies only." The baby currently standing in for Sydney is her new Rapunzel doll that she got for being such a great helper on the Houston trip.

Inside, the kids found several neat exhibits. They touched all of the things they were allowed to touch and mostly didn't touch anything they weren't allowed to touch.





Sydney's favorite was a set of paper dolls from the past-times trunk which had all kinds of old time toys and collections in it.

I'm glad we didn't just stay in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment