Sunday, June 5, 2011

Triple Blog Warp

I have been having technical difficulties with the blog... trying to sync up with not only the Hazens from Bright Hope for Tomorrow, but with Summer and her family from Phoenix Berries as well. I'm not sure a triple blog warp has ever been tried before, especially with six small children, but with perseverance, dedication and much bright hope, all of the poppets were secured without anyone accidentally being transported to Australia, as previously feared.

See, I told you... all three blogging mamas with one super cute blogged about baby.

The rest of the often blogged about children in the requisite group shot. Happy Jack and Summer's son had crashed into the slide and we were able to convince Peter and Sydney to stand there for a moment; Kara put Danielle in place and then dashed back and we got the picture before Danielle bolted or either of our little drivers lost patience with going nowhere.

Oh, no! Did some of the child sneak off and get in the kiddie pool while mamas were taking blog pictures?

The kids played not only in the backyard, but on the front back porch and in the playroom as well. (Something about six kids under the age of five made frequent changes of scenery a necessity.)

Ever since Summer started planning this trip to Georgetown, Kara and I started working on a way to get all three of us together. Kara and I are friends from back when we taught together, of course, and Summer and I were college roommates, but Summer and Kara only know each other through their respective blogs (and their occasionally warps into mine). It was really neat to get to introduce these two ladies and see all of our kids interacting together.

We did some arts and crafts while everyone was here and Summer ran into some trouble with a pox of some sort on her face. It turned out to be contagious, because I got one on my forehead.

I also had a purple eye, but that's another story.

I had forgotten how wonderfully silly Summer can be and how much sillier than usual I get to be when I am around her. The best part, of course, is that this is only their first day and we will get at least four more before they have to go back home.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo glad the technical difficulties are over with. I was going into blog withdrawls. I am also very happy you all got to have a good time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got up my blog warp post. So many photos to sort! Thank you a zillion for hosting us in Texas. We had a lot of fun playing with y'all!

    ReplyDelete