Thursday, June 16, 2011

Museum Thursday: Children's Museum

I think it's no secret that I plan out the summer very systematically. The only thing missing is learning standards and methods of assessment. But I feel successful if I have a plan and stick to it and I have found in the past that not having a plan equals sitting at home doing nothing.

We have had company in and out for the last couple of weeks and then I had staff development and then we are busy with Rachel, so my summer calendar doesn't really start until the last week of June, but it does include a plan to go to a museum every Thursday.

Since I did not have staff development today and it was indeed a Thursday, we went ahead and drove down to the Children's Museum.

Sydney's favorite part, by far, is the Tinkerer's Workshop. She would have spent a great deal more time there if Jack and I had let her. It makes me wonder about how to create a permanent art station for her here at the house.

Other than the Workshop, the only other exhibit that Sydney really wanted to go to was Mi Familia. This has been one of our long time favorites and I was glad to go back with her and Jack this summer.

This was one of the only "normal" outings the kids and I have had so far this summer. All of our other fun times have been with visitors from afar, or in the form of a mini-vacation. We have packed so much into these first weeks, and we started a bit early with the arrival of Uncle Jonathan that I cannot believe we still have six more weeks of real summer and then those first weeks of August when we transition back into the routines of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment