Up until now, Sydney had been in an in-home care place run by a lady named Libby. I liked the home environment for Sydney and thought Libby did a great job with babies and toddlers, but always knew I would want a different place once Sydney was older.Today Sydney started day care for the first time. I love her new place. It is run by two ladies and has different classes for the different age groups, like a big corporate daycare, but is small enough that I feel like Sydney is getting the attention she needs. Sydney calls it her new school and she was so excited to get to go today. I told her that she could call me to come get her at any time... I felt that since it was her first day she should get to call "abort." She never called. At two, I called to check on her and they said she was asleep. Since she never takes naps at home anymore, I knew that meant she had played hard and had a great day. When I picked her up, her teacher said she did great and made a lot of new friends.
Sydney will continue to go to "school" on Thursdays throughout the summer.
She looks so grown-up in that picture.
ReplyDeleteYes, she does! I am glad she likes her new place.
ReplyDeleteI know. I can't believe she's only three some days.
ReplyDelete