Thursday, July 22, 2010

Take Your Daughter to School Day

After Sydney got to go to work with Jeremy last week, it seemed only fair for her to come with me this week.

Of course schools not in session, but in a lot of ways, that makes it even more fun. She got to play with all of the toys, and since the room wasn't set up, there was no chance of her messing anything up.

She enjoyed the five little monkeys jumping on the bed, which is part of the new school materials I got with my grant last year.

She loves these little dinosaurs so much that she asks for them, as in "can we go to your school, mom, and play with those little dinosaurs?"

The last day she was at my school was the snow day last year and on that day, at some point after half the class had gone home, I was searching for movies to put on and found this penguin movie. It's wacky and I think the penguin is British, but she remembered it as something she gets to watch when she comes to my school, so we did.

Her new favorite, though, are the dolls and dollhouse furniture I got for a pretend play center. She was really enamored with the whole set up and begged for five more minutes over and over again.

It's been interesting to see Sydney playing in the classroom each summer -- going from playing with the boxes and cabinet doors to wanting to go around the room touching everything, to really focusing in on favorite activities.

I expect that my kindergarten classroom will become a favored destination this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment