Thursday, July 15, 2010

We Interrupt This Summer to Bring You...

...a stomach bug, sadly.

Before anyone feels too sorry for anyone else involved, let me caveat it all by saying that is the nicest stomach bug I have ever seen. No throwing up. No diarrhea. Just a fever, lethargy, and a feeling of nausea/upset stomach.

The net result has been that first of all, we got kicked out of Drama Camp -- no one wanted our help if we were bringing viruses with us. Secondly, Sydney and I both slept most of the day yesterday and laid around watching television for the rest of the day. Thirdly, having slept most of the day, neither of us was tired at night, so we kicked Jeremy out of his bed and sent him to Sydney's room so that Sydney and I could watch Cars. Then we watched the first forty-five minutes of The Sound of Music. Then we felt asleep to Shrek.

I remember loving being just a little bit sick as a child because it meant that I could lay on my mother's bed and watch movies with her. She would alternate between movies I liked and movies she liked. I realize now that she was really just keeping herself entertained while keeping me still, but the result is the same: a snuggly cozy day and night with mama.

Now we're waiting for Jack to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment