Saturday, July 3, 2010

Movie Night

I get so used to structuring the days during the week in the summer that even the weekends feel like they need a plan or purpose. I know, I know, kids should have free time, but after doing "nothing" all day long, I felt that imposing a plan on things at five o'clock wasn't hurting anyone.

So I declared "Movie Night."

Jeremy had DVR'd Monsters Inc after the Fords recommended it to us. I decided to take the kids out to HEB to get some popcorn and movie candy and when we got back, we could all watch a movie together.

Unbeknownst to me, while the kids and I were away, Jeremy was getting the house ready. When we got back from the grocery store, I found a sign on the garage door.

How exciting! I told Jeremy it was like having two of me... one to buy the movie candy and popcorn and the other to stage the house. Jeremy also made tickets and a menu and donned his special "movie theater employee" hat.

Jeremy had also rearranged the playroom to better view the television as a family. We settled in on the futon, Jeremy and Sydney and me watching the movie, Jack walking around eating popcorn.
I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night.

3 comments:

  1. How did you like the movie? Did Sydney do okay with all the kids screaming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought it was really good. We did have to do a lot of prep... explaining plot points and saying things, "Wait, the monster is just pretending to be scary." We also all had to practice our own screams at various points to bring the humor in, but, yes, she did great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Tell Jeremy that I am very impressed and complement his efforts for his family.

    ReplyDelete