Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jungle Java

Today we were supposed to go to Sea World, but then Jenny called and said that if we would wait until next week to go, she and her husband would go with us, doubling the adult end of the adult to kid ratio which mathematically means that we would be fools not to take her up on her offer.

So I was kind of stuck on what to do with today. Jenny also brought over some coupons for cool places, but most of the coupons were the buy one get one variety and everyone else had plans for today, so I didn't want to use any of my new coupons.

I finally decided on the old stand-by of last summer, Jungle Java. I hadn't even put it on the summer calendar because a) they got on my "list" for having different hours on their website than in reality and b) the last two or three times Sydney went, she didn't have much fun because she was too big for the little kids area and too little for the big kids area.

But we had nothing else planned and I figured it was something.

Proving once again that any plan is better than nothing and you just never know with kids, Sydney had a blast! She has apparently grown up a bit socially since the last time we were there because she was able to find a couple of kids (who weren't there with each other) and the three of them played some game involving the two girls running all over the place with these two balls and the boy alternated between chasing them and being chased.

Also, Sydney and I were so fabulous in our socks that some lady asked if we wanted her to take a picture of us and of course we said yes.

Two and half hours later, both kids were fed and ready for bed. Great outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment